Welcome to the auditions of the Francophonie Orchestra 2019!
Auditions are still open for violins, violas and double bass. This year, the platform for the applications is the OF’s website and the subscription fee is paid with PayPal.
Deadline to complete your audition: June 1st 2019 at 23h59 (EST)
Price to audition: 50$ (CAD)
Age: You have to be between 18 and 30 years old on July 1st 2019
Program and activities: July 1st to August 15th 2019
- Répertoire: Anton Bruckner: Symphony no 8 d’, Igor Stravinsky: Firebird, works by Leonard Bernstein, commissioned works from Simon Bertrand, Leo Purich and Alexandre David, and other challenging works from the symphonic repertoire;
- Invited Masters: Douglas Pace Sturdevant, Elissa Cassini and many musicians member of reputed Canadian orchestras.
- Soloistes: Marina Thibeault: alto, Elissa Cassini: violin, Jean Michel Dubé: piano among other young emerging soloist;
- Workshops, masterclasses and audition simulations;
- Teaching residence at Montreal conservatory of music
- Tour of the provinces of Quebec and Ontario. Concerts in prestigious halls such as Domaine Forget, National Arts Center and Maison Symphonique.
- Creation residence at the SAT (Society for the arts and technology)
- Teaching and coaching with community and charity organism such as the Garage à Musique and others;
At the end of the program, every musician will receive a bursary of 1500$ (CAD)
To start the season, each musician will be given a bursary of 700 $ (CAD). The 700$ is not part of the final amount of 1500 $ given at the end of the season. The housing and the food in Montreal has to be assumed by the musician. On tour, the lodging and the food will be provided by the OF.
Three objectives are central to the Orchestra: learn, innovate and share:
Learn, by offering to each outstanding young artist the tools, both musical and extra musical, necessary for an orchestral career at the highest international levels.
Innovate, by reinventing the concert format through daring to do new approaches that present performances in unusual locations and formats with artistic disciplines that form new and exciting performance opportunities for our musicians.
Share, by stimulating the Orchestra’s social engagement and implication in the community, by encouraging openness, tolerance and the willingness to share.
For any questions about the audition procedure, the requirements and the audition interface you can write to auditions at orchestrefranco.com .