The Orchestre de la francophonie mourns the passing of Louis Villeneuve
It is with great regret that we announce the death of Louis Villeneuve, the president of our Board of Directors on August 6th, 2021.
Da capo! Following the success of its first fully-digital season in response to COVID-19 constraints, the Orchestre de la francophonie will produce a second digital academy for its 2021 season including individual classes, recitals, digital projects, masterclasses and special guest presentations. For this — the OF’s 20th season — the academy will continue to provide the highest-level training to students and recent graduates of respected institutions to help prepare them for the real world challenges facing the professional orchestral musician. Except for one-on-one classes, the general public is invited to attend all 2021 activities which will be streamed — many live — on the OF’s YouTube Channel. See programming listed here on July 1.
Welcome to Orchestre de la francophonie 2021
Jean-Philippe Tremblay, artistic director, welcomes you to Orchestre de la francophonie’s 2021 online season — the ‘Da Capo!’ edition of this global music summer programme.
Events and videos
- The Orchestre de la francophonie mourns the passing of Louis VilleneuveIt is with great regret that we announce the death of Louis Villeneuve, the president of our Board of Directors on August 6th, 2021. We are profoundly saddened by Mr. Villeneuve’s sudden passing. We will be forever grateful to him for all he accomplished for the orchestra and its development since 2016. His enthusiasm and joie de vivre were contagious. His intelligence, curiosity, optimism, determination, tenacity, rigour, elegance and tact made him a unique president. […]
- The Orchestre de la Francophonie is opening its 2021 seasonIn no less than a few days, starting July 6, impressively 37 young musicians from all over the world will connect their talents and their learning desires to the OF’s virtual classes for 45 consecutive days of learning, activities and sharing. The academy will even welcome a student from Iran for the first time! On the program: individual instrument classes, a wide repertoire of orchestral traits and audition rehearsals. More, everything musicians need to prepare […]
- 2021 season of the Orchestre de la francophonie: Under the sign of accessibility and exchangeOver 100 free online activities from July 6th to August 15th
- Auditions for the Orchestre de la francophonie’s 2021 seasonMontreal, Tuesday November 17, 2020 – Following the success of the first 100% digital academy and in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Orchestre de la francophonie (OF), under the artistic direction of Jean-Philippe Tremblay, announces today the opening of its 2021 summer season’s auditions. All positions – strings, woodwinds, horns, trumpets, trombones and percussion are open.
- Gramophone reviews latest OF recordingThe Orchestre de la francophonie under Jean-Philippe Tremblay perform it and the overtures more than capably, and with affection. Excellent sound, as usual.