Montreal, Tuesday November 17, 2020 – Following the success of the first 100% digital academy and in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Orchestre de la francophonie (OF), under the artistic direction of Jean-Philippe Tremblay, announces today the opening of its 2021 summer season’s auditions. All positions – strings, woodwinds, horns, trumpets, trombones and percussion are open.
Depending on public health measures in place at the time, the 2021 season of OF will follow one the following scenarios.
- Online prelude and in-person regular season in Montréal for all
- Online prelude: June 21 to July 2, 2021
- In-person season in Montreal: July 5-30, 2021
- Online prelude and hybrid season: in-person and online
- Online prelude: June 21 to July 2, 2021
- Hybrid season: July 5-30, 2021, in-person for Canadians and those who can travel (In accordance with public health measures) and online for those who cannot travel.
- Online season for all : July 5-30, 2021
- All positions – strings, woodwinds, horns, trumpets and percussion are open; all
- Registrations are online only via Acceptd (see link on the OF’s website).
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old as of June 25, 2021
- Deadline for sending in your audition: March 22nd, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
- Registration cost: 25$ (USD)
- French-speaking musicians or francophiles/non-French-speaking musicians are also welcomed. They will be part of a unique bilingual orchestral experience.
- All musicians who have participated twice at the academy cannot apply.
- For details on audition requirements for your instrument, in the left side bar navigation choose “Academie Orchestrale/Orchestral Program” from “Select Program Group” then choose your instrument from “Select Program”.
- For any technical problems, press the green button HELP/SUPPORT in the left corner or call Acceptd Customer Support at 1-888-725-2122 ext. 2.
- All musicians will receive a bursary at the end of the training.
A review of OF’s 100% digital 2020 summer season: solo recitals, digital projects, masterclasses and special guest presentations
The first online season of OF can still be shared and experienced by allmusic lovers. More than 35 solo recitals, demonstrating the richness of the 2020 season are available online for free: https://bit.ly/38EFfoq.
More than twenty students’ digital projects — unique and diverse — are also available online: https://bit.ly/2ICJE0H. The musicians share their personal vision of the music’s digital transformation in the form of solo or group concerts, discussion, oral presentation and even an absurd musical comedy.
Also available online are the 2020 masterclasses, each a deep dive into the art, whether by accomplished solists (Kerson Leong, Stéphane Tétreault, Marina Thibeault and Christopher Millard) or a renowned expert pedagogue (Jim Thompson).
Each is possessed of unsurpassed technical, artistic and pedagocical ability. Each instructor knows intimately not only the demands of their instrument at the highest levels of performance, but also those of a classical orchestral musician. During the masterclasses, they guide several OF musicians: https://bit.ly/3pr3tbI.
To complete this great digital adventure, the Orchestre’s special guest presentations offer expertise and passion on subjects related to aspects of life as a classical musician. The five presentations from guests very well known in the music world are available online: https://bit.ly/38Mr9lf.
The Orchestre hopes these great musical experiences will feed your soul and entertain you during the pandemic.
About the Orchestre de la francophonie
The Orchestre de la francophonie prepares young musicians who have graduated from respected institutions to play a leading role in the most prestigious orchestras, here and abroad.
The three core objectives of the OF are: Learn, Innovate and Share
- Learn: by providing the brightest young musicians with diverse tools, both musical and extramusical, to prepare for a fulfilling and high-level professional career.
- Innovate: by reinventing the concert format, by performing in unusual settings, using daring new approaches and varying forms, and finally, by combining artistic disciplines that may potentially enhance one another.
- Share: by promoting the social commitment and community involvement of the OF and its musicians, by seeking new mutually beneficial partnerships, by producing and releasing high quality recordings, and finally by encouraging sharing, open-mindedness and tolerance.
Media : Rosemonde Communications – Rosemonde Gingras – 514-458-8355