Montreal, Thursday November 25, 2021 – Auditions opened today for the 2022 summer season of Orchestre de la francophonie (OF), under the artistic direction of Jean-Philippe Tremblay. All positions — strings, woodwinds, horns, trumpets, harp and percussion are open. The OF’s 2022 season extends from June 25 to August 2022 and will feature a dozen concerts in Québec and Ontario.
After two digital seasons due to COVID-19, the academy is back in its original in-person format in Montréal and will include an online training prelude from June 25 to July 3, 2022. The in-person season will take place from July 5 to August 7, 2022.
Depending on COVID-19 public health measures, the 2022 season of OF might be online only.
Audition registration and deadline
All registrations are online only via Acceptd. For any technical problems, press the green HELP/SUPPORT button in the left corner or call Acceptd Customer Support at 1-888-725-2122 ext. 2.
Deadline for sending in your audition: March 1, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
- Must be between 18 and 30 years old as of June 25, 2022
- Must be available from June 25 to August 7, 2022
- Registration cost: 30$ (USD)
For details on audition requirements for your instrument, in the left-side bar navigation choose “Académie Orchestrale/Orchestral Program” from “Select Program Group”, then choose your instrument from “Select Program”.
All musicians will receive a bursary at the end of the training of 1 500 $ (CAD). Each musician from outside Montréal will receive a per diem to pay for meals and accommodations. Accommodations during the concert tour will be paid by OF.
2022 season program
- Compositions by Giancarlo Scalia and Simon Bertrand, Brahms’ Piano Concerto number one, Bruckner’s Symphony number 5, Rachmaninoff’s second symphony, orchestral works by Lili Boulanger and a concert version of the opera Carmen by Georges Bizet.
- Online training prelude from June 25 to July 3, 2022 (instrument private lessons via Zoom, masterclasses and special presentations)
- In-residence training in Montréal with a concert tour in Québec and Ontario.
Workshops, masterclasses and mock auditions.
- Digital creation project
- Volunteering and community involvement
About the Orchestre de la Francophonie
The Orchestre de la francophonie prepares young musicians who have graduated from respected institutions to play a leading role in the most prestigious orchestras, here and abroad.
The core objectives of the OF are: Learn, Innovate and Share
- Learn: by providing the brightest young musicians with diverse tools, both musical and extramusical, to prepare for a fulfilling and high-level professional career.
- Innovate: by reinventing the concert format, by performing in unusual settings, using daring new approaches and varying forms, and finally, by combining artistic disciplines that may potentially enhance one another.
- Share: by promoting the social commitment and community involvement of the OF and its musicians, by seeking new mutually beneficial partnerships, by producing and releasing high quality recordings, and finally by encouraging sharing, open-mindedness and tolerance.
Source: Orchestre de la francophonie
Media: Rosemonde Communications- Rosemonde Gingras – 514-458-8355