The Orchestre de la Francophonie (OF), under the artistic direction of Jean-Philippe Tremblay, announces auditions for the 2024 summer season. All positions — strings, woodwinds, horns, trumpets, trombones and percussion — are open. The 2024 season will take place from June 26th to July 31st in Montréal for the in-residence program.The concerts may take place either on tour or in Montréal.
On this year’s program: Beethoven’s complete symphonies.
- All string, woodwind, horn, trumpet, trombone and percussion positions are open
- Registration for the auditions are online only.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old on June 26, 2024.
- Deadline for auditions is March 15, 2024 at 11:59pm, Montréal time
- No audition fee!
- Each candidate must present five contrasting orchestral excerpts, as well as a short piece with or without accompaniment of a maximum of 8 minutes.
- For technical problems, contact email@example.com
- Highlights of the 2024 program: Beethoven’s complete symphonies.
- Musicians from major symphonies will feature as teachers, including Robert Uchida, solo violinist of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.
- Residential training program in Montréal
- Workshops, masterclasses and mock auditions
- Community and social musical outreach
- All musicians will receive a scholarship of $1,500 (CAD) at the end of the internship as well as a $750 (CAD) accommodation allowance for students whose residence is outside greater Montréal (proof required).